These beautifully caramelized carrots make the perfect side dish to your dinner, especially to a roast dish.
- 1 kg small carrots, get different colors if you can
- 30g unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic
- a bunch of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons honey
How to make Caramelized Carrots
- Trim and peel your carrots. Cut them in half if you couldn’t find small carrots.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Crush the unpeeled garlic with the flat side of your knife, then add to the pan.
- Sprinkle in the thyme sprigs and add the honey with a splash of water.
- Add the carrots in a single layer, season with sea salt and black pepper. Cover and cook for 7 minutes without stirring and then flip the carrots to the other side for another 7 minutes, or until tender.