Happy New Year 2021 my beloved foodie friends! I’m not going to say that I have a good feeling about this new year because I’m not going to jinx it (again).
We had a quite New Years Eve in but didn’t want to miss the chance of having a festive and delicious dinner at home so we bought some fresh lobster tails at the store. I just love this dish and it reminds me of summer time and holidays so this meal brought some sunny and ocean-breezy memories from way back when we used to travel, ‘memba?
To remove the meat from the shell, cut both edges of the soft underside down to the fin with kitchen scissors. Remove the underside, then you can easily pull out the tail meat. We didn’t remove it entirely, you can still remove it while eating.
- 4 lobster tails, shell partially removed
- 400g. of linguine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 leaves of fresh basil
- 20g. butter
- a jar of fresh tomato sauce
How to make the Tomato Lobster Linguine
- In a large pan, melt the butter and add 2 of the minced garlic cloves. Add lobster tails. Cook, flipping halfway through, until lobster turns pink, about 3 min. Remove lobster to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Return the same pan to the stove. Add the remaining 2 minced garlic cloves and tomatoes and sizzle for about 3 minutes. Pour in the tomato sauce and add the lobster tail. Cook everything for another 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the linguine following the package directions and take them out a little before they’re tender. Drain and add to sauce, tossing to coat.