Cheese.. It’s a love story. I don’t think there is a variation of cheese I don’t like. This is a great starter dish to serve for your guests at dinner. This time we did an outdoor-grill version but usually we make it at home by roasting the ingredients in a pan, baking the cheese in the oven separately and at the end, pouring over the pan-roasted ingredients over the warm and gooey cheese. Either way, it’s delicious!
- 1 large wheel of tomme cheese
- a bunch of rosemary
- half an onion, chopped
- about 5 bacon stripes, chopped
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
How to make the Grilled Tomme Cheese
- Place your chopped onion, rosemary and bacon on a piece of aluminium foil
- Sprinkle with olive oil
- Put the tomme cheese on top
- Drizzle with a little bit of maple syrup
- Pack the cheese up in the alumium foil and place on the barbecue grill for around 5-10 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to hear how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture of your meal on Instagram with the hashtag #butterbunsandbasil