I feel like we all need some extra energy after an exhausting 2020 and an upcoming year of 2021 that doesn’t seem to start any more relaxed. I’ve been wanting to make my own Energy Balls for a while now and what’s a better time then Christmas and New Years.
These Energy Balls make amazing little homemade gifts, they’re no bake and can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. You can even freeze them if you don’t eat them within a week. So here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious No Bake Energy Bites:
- 200g. pitted dates
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes (and more to coat)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 50g. almonds
- 60g. dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
How to make the Energy Balls
- Pulse pitted dates in a food processor until they’re in small pieces.
- Add almonds, chocolate, coconut flakes and peanut butter and mix until combined.
- Carefully roll into balls with your hands (around 30 grams per ball), Should yield 12-13 balls.
- Place some coconut flakes on a plate and roll your Energy Balls in it until they’re all evenly coated.
- Put in the fridge or freezer for 15 minutes.