I had these at Cheesecake Factory once and wanted to recreate them ever since. There’s no need to fry them, baking will taste just as yummy! I personally don’t like frying at home and always try to bake instead, it works well here, too!
Serve them with your favourite dipping sauce such as ranch, hot honey sauce or honey-mustard!
- 400g. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 100g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups pretzels (sticks or twists), crushed
- 2 eggs
How to make Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius and line a baking sheet.
- Slice chicken into strips. Place crushed pretzels in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs in another bowl. In a third bowl stir together flour, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Toss chicken strips in the flour mixture to coat, then dredge in the egg mixture. Lastly, roll chicken pieces in the crushed pretzels and place in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes until cooked through and browned. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.