I don’t even know the difference between a banana bread and a banana cake. Is there one? What is it? I call mine bread because I like the sound of fit (sounds healthier right?) but really, it’s just a cake. But oh, what a good one! I don’t like nuts or chocolate chunks in my banana bread but feel free to add some if you like!
- 115g. butter, softened
- 200g. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, finely crushed*
- 200g. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
How to make Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 180º celsius.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and crushed bananas. Combine well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture.
- Mix just until just combined.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 180º for 55 minutes.
If the top of the cake gets too brown after half an hour of so, just put aluminium foil on top of the cake until it has finished baking. That way the top doesn’t darken any further.
*the more brown the bananas are, the better. trust me on this, it’ll make a huge difference.